The Construction Equipment Technology Program is designed to prepare the student for employment and advancement in industries that require the use of earthmoving equipment.
This postsecondary instructional program prepares individuals to safely operate and perform preventive maintenance on a variety of construction equipment. The program also includes instruction in digging, ditching, sloping, stripping, grading, back filling, clearing, excavating, and handling of materials. An individual successfully completing this program will have entry-level skills for employment as a construction equipment operator.
- Must meet all general admission requirements of the college.
- Must have good manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, near vision, active listening, and information ordering skills.
- Receive a negative test result on drug screen test conducted by a certified laboratory and have the results submitted directly to the college.
Applicants that do not hold a regular high school diploma or high school equivalency may qualify for the program by the following:
- Contact Dr. Brad Harrison at 601-477-4098 or email@example.com
- Schedule a time to complete the Accuplacer assessment.
- Receive a passing score on all Accuplacer tests.
Jones College Enrollment Services at 601.477.4257 or Instructor: Matthew White at 601.477.4835 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.