The Automotive Technology Program is designed to prepare the student for
employment and advancement in the automotive service industry.
The Automotive Technology Program prepares the students to enter the labor market as an entry level automotive technician or advanced apprentice. Upon completion of this course the graduate will be prepared to secure employment or to further his training in a specialized automotive field.
* Shop safety, hand and power tools, general shop practices
* Drive trains, brake systems, suspension systems, wheel alignment
* Engine inspection, testing, adjusting, and overhauling
* Automotive electronics, automotive emissions systems, automotive air conditioning
Degree (s) Offered
Associate in Applied Science
- Must meet all general admission requirements of the college. For certificate-only option, an ACT Work Keys Career Readiness Credential Silver-level score is acceptable for admission.
- Must have good manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, near vision, active listening, and information ordering skills.
- Receive a negative test result on drug screen test conducted by a certified laboratory approved by the college and have the results submitted directly to the college.
Automotive Instructors: Brad Ellzey 601.477.5461 or Ryley Patterson 601.477.4246 or at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following advisement plan is a recommended course of study. An academic advisor may alter course sequence to meet individual student needs. In addition, an academic advisor may recommend additional or different courses depending upon student career plans and/or requirements of the college or university to which the student plans to transfer.